AR-FOR-EU is a consortium of five partners with complementary research & education expertise and a track history of successful collaboration. In order to build solid courses in the field of AR, we combine expertise on the subject (AR, WT, Human-Computer Interaction – HCI, Computer Vision – CV), pedagogy (learning sciences, instructional design), and technology enhanced learning – TEL (suitable learning approaches, digital OERs, MOOCs).
AUGMENTED REALITY FOR FORMAL UNIVERSITY EDUCATION
- A new and industry-relevant topic for Higher Education
- An internationally designed curriculum and MOOCs
- Designing and introducing an on-campus courses that have all major content in digital form
- Sharing education and research expertise from five organizations in the production of courses, and more
PLAN FOR 3 YEARS
- ONE Analytical Report “Existing Teaching Practices and Future Labour Market Needs in the Field of AR” 2018
- ONE Interactive eBook “Theory and Practice of Developing AR” 2019
- TWO Open course trials on-campus and online as MOOCs 2019 and 2020
- ONE Teacher training workshop 2019
- SIX International communication events 2018-2020
SO WHY CODE REALITY?
THIS IS OUR WORK PROCESS. IT'S SIMPLE!
This course presents an introduction to Augmented Reality, with emphasis on designing and developing Augmented Reality applications. The course starts with a comprehensive introduction to the field, covering also its history with early precursors dating back to the 19th century and with more than half a century of serious technology R&D. The course then introduces to the state of the art of hardware and software. The course covers all you need to know about Spatial Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Perception, Design Thinking, and Application Development. A rich mix of theory and practice is complemented with methodology and hands-on development and evaluation.
Insights into specialist application areas and job perspectives will help sharpen your skill set.
As part of the course, students will be tasked with designing, developing, and evaluating their own Augmented Reality application. Assessment will be made and grades will be based on an interdisciplinary team project, ideally bringing together students of the Computer Sciences with students in Arts and Media.
The online course will take place online from end of January 2020 to April 2020. The online platform and the schedule of the course will be announce soon.
The online course will be based on the Basic Augmented Reality course polit delivered by Code Reality in 2019.
The course is open to undergraduate and graduate students, Ph.D. candidates, post-doctoral researchers, and academic as well as industrial researchers.
You benefit from the course if you already know:
- some basic mathematical and programming skills (Python, Java, C or C++, Unity programming or equivalent)
- fundamentals of algorithms and data structures
- linear algebra, especially with respect to 3D transformations
- some basic 3D computer graphics
- fundamentals of media, communications or marketing
The skills and knowledge listed above are not obligatory to enroll to the course.
Cost of the course
The course is free of charge.